Yeshiva University Alumni
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Exam Proctor Sy Syms
at Yeshiva University Alumni
- Job ID
- Wilf-Amsterdam Ave & 185th St
- Employee Classification
- Temporary and/or Hourly
- Sy Syms School of Business
- Position Type
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs over 4,500 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to “bring wisdom to life” through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Proctors to proctor for Sy Syms School of Business during midterm and final exams. This is a part time position working less than 19 hours per week. The hourly rate is $15 per hour.
- Pre-exam - Make sure students have no unauthorized materials, electronic equipment etc. at their desks
- Exam distribution - distribute exact number of exams and any supporting materials as required
- During exam - monitor room for any student-to-student communication. Report any incidents of violations of integrity, with supporting evidence, to the Dean's Office
- Exam collection – supervise an orderly collection of all exam papers and sign-out sheets
Eduction and Experience
- High School Degree required
- College Degree (BA/BS) preferred
- Educational experience an asset
- Must be able to survey the exam room and proctor exams in different locations
Skills and Competencies
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Good judgment
- Attention to detail
- Unquestioned integrity