Westchester Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chemical Dependency Physician Assistant - MHRH-MH Physician Services
at Westchester Medical Center
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC
MHRH-MH Physician Services
Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible
Must have an active or be eligible to obtain a NYS license
Part Time Chemical Dependency Physician Assistant
MidHudson Regional Hospital-Poughkeepsie
MidHudson Regional Hospital is seeking a Physician Assistant with experience in Addiction Medicine to work with the Chemical Dependency treatment program. The position involves the following:
· Providing services for all new detox admissions.
· Daily detox and residential patient follow-ups, all documented.
· Write and/or adjust med orders to best suit the patients' needs.
· Approve or deny preadmission screenings from our admission staff.
· Be on site to ensure all patients are seen and medical staff is supported as needed.
· New admissions and follow up of patients via telemedicine format.
· Available by phone to field staff calls regarding medical/clinical issues with patients.
MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center is located in Poughkeepsie, New York, which is 75 miles north of New York City and 50 minutes from the Westchester Medical Center Campus. Poughkeepsie is located in the heart of the Hudson Valley, an area surrounded by beautiful mountains, as well as the Hudson River, offering an abundance of outdoor activities for residents and visitors alike.
Designated as a National Heritage Area, the valley is steeped in history, natural beauty, culture and a burgeoning food and farmer's market scene. The Hudson Valley also boasts excellent public and private schools with a vibrant higher education culture, as the home to several notable institutions such as Vassar College, Marist College, SUNY New Paltz, Bard College, and the Culinary Institute of America, among others.
The Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is a 1,700-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley. Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Experience with detox/withdrawal management
· Excellent bed side manner, reliability and strong work ethic
· DEA Certification
· Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner designation or extensive experience with psychiatric patients
· Experience with management of psychiatric medication for treatment of depression and anxiety
· Must maintain or be eligible for a New York Physician Assistant License
For more information about this opportunity, contact Daphne Advanced Clinical Recruiter by email to Daphne.Michel@wmchealth.org