USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
(P/T) Tennis Professional
at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center
- Location : Location
The United States Tennis Association (USTA) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis in the United States. Our mission is to promote the development of tennis as a means of healthful recreation, establish and maintain rules of play, and foster national and international amateur and professional tournaments.
The Tennis Professional's responsibility is to teach students in the NTC's tennis programs of all ages and levels; to advocate and implement the USTA Ten-and-Under format; conduct private lessons; to be an effective liaison between the NTC and our customers; and to potentially work within the organization during the US Open.
- MUST BE USTA OR UPTRA CERTIFIED
- Demonstrate excellent playing techniques
- Conduct playing and drilling lessons for all levels
- Teach, train, and facilitate play with individuals and teams of all ages and levels of ability
- Assist with the organization and management of USTA events/tournaments (singles and doubles) as needed
- Implement and utilize player development systems of the Net Generation format when appropriate
- Promotion of the USTA via the dissemination of hospitality, friendliness and goodwill among members and guests
- US Open duties as assigned
- Strong on-court tennis skills required
- Ability to effectively communicate and teach tennis to all ages and levels
- Utilize USTA Player Development Philosophy on and off court
- Ability to organize and manage 10-and-under tennis formats for juniors coaching
Position is considered non-exempt.