Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-time (30 hours per week) Nurse Practitioner - House Calls -$10,000 Sign on Bonus - New York County, NY
at UnitedHealth Group
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, you will conduct in-home health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members within a geographic area of responsibility. While the average visit is 45-60 minutes, the nature of the House Calls visit can vary and could include performing an annual health assessment, a post discharge visit, or visiting more complex members more than once per year.
If you are located in New York County, NY you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members. The House Calls Assessment includes:
- Past medical history
- Review of symptoms
- Physical examination
- Medication review
- Depression screening
- Responsible for checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick, and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain
- 1+ year clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years’ experience as a Registered Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP required or the ability to obtain
- A clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
- Computer literate and able navigate the internet
- Ability to spend at least 1hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets, or members/family members that are tobacco users
- Ability to lift 30 pound bag in and out of car and up and down steps
- Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Ability to sit, stand and kneel as needed to perform physical assessment
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology a plus
- Home care or home visit experience
- Knowledgeable in regards to standard of care of common chronic health conditions as well as health promotion and prevention guidelines
- Ability to follow established dress code
- Effective communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population
- Ability to navigate on the internet and work with personal computer
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
Transforming health care and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, House Calls, Homecare, Geriatric, Clinical, New York, Manhattan, NY