Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Director, Middle Revenue Cycle Transformation - Telecommute - 722794
at UnitedHealth Group
Optum360, an industry leader in healthcare operations management, implementation, transformation and consulting services, is adding additional talent to our Transformation team. Ideal candidates will have experience in multiple functional revenue cycle areas which include Patient Access, Revenue Integrity, and Patient Financial Services.
This is a full time leadership position offering career growth while taking on challenging engagements around the United States. National travel is required as necessary to ensure success of assigned projects and assist in growth opportunities.
The Associate Director will serve as a subject matter expert while working to implement best practices in Optum client locations. Associate Directors combine their leadership, experience and understanding of Optum360 technology, structure and methodology solutions to drive results while coordinating efforts with Optum360 Transformation teams, Optum360 Technology teams, Optum360 Project Management Office and Optum360 Consulting Services.
Typical projects for Middle Revenue Cycle include, but are not limited to:
- Coding accuracy/improvement programs
- Computer Assisted Coding (CAC) Technology Implementation, process development and optimization
- Clinical Documentation Improvement program development, optimization, and CDI Technology implementation
- Health Information Management standardization and optimization
- Release of Information standardization and optimization
- Transcription standardization and optimization
- Charge capture and accuracy enhancement
- Revenue Integrity program development, standardization and optimization
- Alignment of client processes, structure and methodology with Optum technologies
- Serve as interim management, transitional, and operational oversight, as needed
- Provide direction, coordination and leadership to clients in Heath Information Management (transcription, coding, clinical documentation improvement functional areas).
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) for the functional areas of Health Information Management and associated technology implementations to all other areas of the healthcare Revenue Cycle, which in addition to the above may also include the following:
- Patient access (scheduling, preregistration, insurance verification/financial counseling)
- Registration/Admission (ED, inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory)
- Patient financial services (charge capture, pre-billing, billing, follow-up, cash posting, account resolution)
- Decision support and analytics
- Managed care contracting
- Utilize internal Optum360 resources (listed below) to properly accomplish and deliver measurable results:
- Transformation Team members
- Analytics Team
- Optum360 Professional Services
- Optum360 Technology implementation teams
- Optum360 Project Management Office
- Optum360 Human Capital, Compliance and Legal
- Evaluate and utilize external vendors where internal Optum360 solutions gaps are present
- Identify client accomplishments barriers in achieving operational excellence
- Understand client business metrics and results
- Evaluate and analyze client data to understand trends in all areas of the operation
- Development and implementation of options and recommendations for client improvement
- Understand and represent Optum technology and services and how they will improve client operations.
- Collaborate with client revenue cycle team and other departments in order to facilitate resolution of process issues and implement world-class solutions.
- Provide informed feedback to internal and client executives including assessments of processes, standards, suggestions and improvements
- Assist in Optum360 growth process as requested.
- Develop work plans, project tasks, and manage projects
- Provide interim staffing services as required
- Must meet minimum performance standards.
- Develop and implement performance standards within client operations.
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Accountable for all decisions, actions, and directives with respect to job responsibilities.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years experience working in hospital revenue cycle department as a manager or supervisor (Health Information Management, coding, or CDI)
- 3+ years prior leadership experience
- Proficient in Acute Healthcare Revenue Cycle programs and Technology
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Understanding of basic healthcare accounting tools/billing editors i.e. Meditech, Epic, SSI, Emdeon, Mckesson
- Solid understanding of revenue cycle workflow in the hospital and ambulatory environment (registration, scheduling, coding, billing, contracting)
- Experience and comfort working at all levels of a health care organization
- Ability to lead, motivate, influence, probe, analyze, synthesize and articulate complex subject matter so it can be easily understood
- A high degree of accountability, self-motivation, versatility and flexibility
- Working knowledge of hospital based IT systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule
- Ability to travel 75% as necessary to accomplish assign tasks and goals
- Revenue cycle consulting experience, such as revenue cycle outsourcing, interim management or performance improvement
- Experience working in a multi-hospital region or system
- RHIA designation
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Revenue Cycle Associate Directors, Directors, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Boston, MA, Philadelphia, PA, telecommute, work from home, remote