United States Fund for UNICEF
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fall 2019 - Community Engagement Intern
at United States Fund for UNICEF
New York, NY
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Community Engagement Intern
UNICEF USA seeks two interns for its Community Engagement Department to help with researching opportunities in the nonprofit sector, mobilizing volunteers, and collaborating with teams across the region. They will complete the internship with an understanding of volunteer management and partnerships. We are currently seeking unpaid interns for our fall cohort that will commence September 17, 2019 and end December 13, 2019.
This internship would provide an opportunity to learn about:
- Help in conducting research on community engagement efforts in 12 UNICEF USA markets and metro areas
- Support volunteer recruitment strategy through social media and blogs
- Assist in developing, writing and editing program resources for UNICEF UNITE volunteers
- Conduct research on local partnerships to help advance UNICEF UNITE mission and vision
- Build upon past interns work to continue to build a social media community by following all club social media accounts and tracking activity.
- Support the analysis of UNITE communications including email, SMS, and social media
- Collect and curate photos and stories of our volunteers in action in their communities with a focus this Fall on TOT highlights, Team UNICEF at the NYC Marathon, and World’s Big Sleepout.
- Brainstorm creative ideas for social media, including incentives and content ideas, with a focus on our youth channels, UNITE Facebook Groups, and our Team UNICEF Facebook Group.
- Assist in the creation and development of resources, specifically Thematic PowerPoint presentations for our UNITE PowerPoint Center, along with meeting guides to coordinate the presentations.
- Brainstorm new and creative ways to recognize and appreciate our volunteers. Support in the execution of volunteer appreciation methods for UNITERs including the awarding of PVSAs to volunteers.
- Conduct a landscape analysis of volunteer recruitment efforts of similar organizations
- Help in creating historical archive of the Student Summit and creating a final product to help show the event’s history, growth and impact
- Support in the planning and execution of Youth Representatives online training
- Support in the planning and execution of Team UNICEF related events, including the Team UNICEF Luncheon, and race day logistics.
- Support in inventory and organization of department’s resources
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a current student enrolled in a College or University degree program
- Interest in program management and youth engagement or related field preferred
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Fluency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is preferred
- Must be a highly motivated team player who enthusiastically embraces the mission of UNICEF and UNICEF USA
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork and Service
Time Frame: Fall 2019
Days per Week: Consecutive full days preferred
Hours per Week: Flexible
This is an unpaid internship. Travel stipend will be provided.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.