United States Fund for UNICEF
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Candidate Pool: Deputy Director, New York Region
at United States Fund for UNICEF
New York, NY
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, safe water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Please note that we are not actively seeking candidates for this position. We are collecting applicants for this position should there be a vacancy.
Deputy Director, New York Region
Working closely with, and reporting to the New York Regional Managing Director, the Deputy Director will serve as a critical contributor in leading the New York regional office to achieve regional goals. The Deputy Director will manage a portfolio of major donors and prospects (100 to 150) with a giving capacity of $100,000+; identify, cultivate, and solicit new high net worth individuals for the major donor program; manage a small team of regional Major Gift Officers; support regional board and committee development; support special events in the region; support organizational objectives and help expand UNICEF USA's presence throughout New York Region.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Manage a portfolio of high net worth donors and prospects in the New York market to generate significant financial support for UNICEF USA
- Develop and execute strategies for each portfolio donor with the goal of securing new 5, 6, and 7-figure gifts, gift renewals or upgrades
- Secure one-on-one in-person donor meetings and solicitations to establish or strengthen donor relationships for long term support. Achieve or exceed an in-person meetings or significant phone calls monthly goal
- Solicit and secure gifts at the major gift level, including multi-year gifts. This will include identification, cultivation, and stewardship of high net worth individuals
- Manage a small team of Major Gift Officers. Ensure portfolio quality and size, meet regularly with each Major Gift Officer, and update the New York Regional Managing Director on portfolio performance and projections
- Assist with the planning and execution of cultivation and special events in the New York Region
- Promote annual Snowflake gala to help achieve revenue goal and serve as point person with Regional Managing Director on tracking financial support, table guests, utilizing the gala as a cultivation opportunity for new prospects
- Support the management and expansion of the New York Regional Board, including meetings and other activities
- Shape and edit donor correspondence such as letters, emails, funding proposals, and reports
- Maintain accurate records of donor outreach and solicitation plans through regular upkeep of donor database
- Work collaboratively with the internal business units of the UNICEF USA designed to assist the regional teams, e.g. special events, program services, communications, engagement etc.
- Become knowledgeable on UNICEF’s vast programmatic needs for the purpose of effective donor stewardship, using available resources and opportunities
- Be knowledgeable of all NY Regional Board members and have the ability to act as officer in charge when Regional Managing Director needs extra support or is unavailable
- Serve as a resource, support and mentor for entire NY regional team, especially those colleagues responsible for raising revenue.
- Serve as Deputy and a trusted advisor to the Regional Managing Director on all aspects of the Regional Strategic Plan
- Special projects and other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7-9 years’ relevant work experience, with at least 5-7 years of frontline major gifts fundraising experience and proven track record of securing six and seven-figure gifts
- Must be a self-motivated professional with a proven success record in fundraising
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, both written and verbal
- Strong computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and have strong experience using a fundraising database
- Keen attention to detail, flexibility in high-pressure situations and the willingness to assist with all tasks needed to ensure the success of small regional team
- Ability to effectively lead internal and external meetings
- Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be an enthusiastic team player
- Must share a strong commitment to international humanitarian relief and passionately embrace the mission of UNICEF USA
- Ability and willingness to travel in the interest of donor cultivation and stewardship, as needed
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.