ADAPT Community Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Education Teacher - Grammercy 34th Street location
at ADAPT Community Network
Why Join ADAPT?
It's more than a job; it's a calling. It's where passion meets purpose. ADAPT Community Network, formerly United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) of NYC provides a multitude of services to people with developmental disabilities. At ADAPT, we are 3,000 strong, and it takes every one of us to empower the lives of the people we support. With caring and great resources at hand, we know what it takes to help people live fuller, happier, healthier lives. Our employees show their commitment to the people we support every day, and we all deliver on our promise to provide innovative and comprehensive services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
For your next career move, apply with us at ADAPT Community Network! Wherever you work among our many locations around New York City, ADAPT offers paid training, competitive benefits, and we foster a team culture of learning, support, collaboration and career growth.
- Provides lesson plans and conducts instructional activities appropriate to progress reports
- Assesses and prepares IFSP/IEP’s. Implements and evaluates short and long-term goals and objectives. • Participates in activities pertaining to student transitioning.
- Provides quarterly progress reports
- Provides educational assessment and evaluation on students annually in all educational domains.
- Prepares and adapts all individual and group lesson plans and materials, equipment and furniture arrangement and necessary modifications of environment.
- Maintains records of daily attendance and progress. Writes periodic progress reports, annual reports and other data as requested.
- Serves and participates as a member at interdisciplinary team meetings, Annual Reviews, Parent Meetings, Special Review Committee meetings, In-Services, etc. as required.
- Attends regular staff meetings, student reviews, district meetings and conferences.
- Attends parent meetings as requested. Confers with individual parents on program content and progress as it relates to their child.
- New York State Certification in Special Education
- New York State Certification in Early Childhood Education or N-6
ADAPT Community Network is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds and status are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.