ADAPT Community Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ADAPT Community Network
Under general direction, is responsible for designing and implementing an organized, individualized program for acquisition of functional skills that will lead to increased independent community participation for the individuals served. This is done in accordance with regulations and requirements of the agency and applicable governmental and other regulatory agencies. This is a management position that is responsible for providing supervision to the Habilitation Assistants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Habilitation Specialist will include, but are not limited to the following
• Serves as a liaison between Agency, residences and families. Serves as advocate and provider for all issues pertaining to individuals receiving services.
• Develops programs and Day Habilitation plans for persons served. • Implements active treatment plans for program participants, both inside and outside of building.
• Supervises non-professional staff in implementation of Day Habilitation plans.
• Participates in individual program planning process.
• Orients, trains, evaluates, delegates, supervises work of and recommends hiring and disciplining of subordinate staff.
• Recognizes and observes important relationships with Service Coordinators for participants’ program development and referral for other kinds of assistance as needed.
• Maintains attendance and other required records/paperwork.
• Utilizes community resources, as appropriate for implementation of Day Habilitation plans and community integration.
• Carries out basic administrative tasks related to caseload and other selected assignments as directed by Program Director or Program Coordinator.
• Plans group, individual activities and assigns staff to implement.
• Trains and instructs support staff in daily routine, program plan and general procedures and practices of group.
• Attends regularly scheduled supervisory staff meetings.
• Prepares and adapts materials and plans and sets up furniture and equipment for program activities.
• Participates in scheduled in-service training programs.
• Provides support/coverage to other classrooms as needed.
• Participates in activities outside of activity room when necessary, i.e. trips, pool, gym. Enters swimming pool with program participants as required.
• Selects and utilizes educational materials.
• Teaches persons served to become more independent.
• Drives Agency vehicles for individual transportation, pickups, deliveries, community outings and medical emergencies as required.
• Assists persons served with transportation between buses and buildings as needed.
• Performs direct care responsibilities that include feeding and toileting as needed.
• Initiates precautions within established framework to assure that own work is completed in a manner free from recognized hazards.
• Performs other related duties as requested.
ADAPT Community Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADAPT Community Network does not discriminate due to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, unemployment status or any other legally protected basis, and to the extent permitted by law. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.