TransPerfect Translations International, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Helpdesk Support Specialist
at TransPerfect Translations International, inc.
TransPerfect Is More Than Just a Job…
Our greatest asset is our people, and nothing is more important to us than ensuring that everyone knows that. Each of our 90+ offices has its own individual identity, and each also has its own unique rewards.
We are seeking an energetic individual to work full-time in our New York City office as a Helpdesk Support Specialist. This is an experienced professional position for someone with 3+ years of experience with a chance to be exposed to an enterprise computing environment. The qualified candidate should have good technical troubleshooting skills and excellent non-technical communication skills, both in written and oral formats.
- Providing exceptional IT Services to TransPerfect employees
- Installing and supporting Windows and Mac based hardware and software (including peripheral devices such as printers and USB devices)
- Responding to support requests on a daily basis
- Performing analysis, diagnosis and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems for a variety of end users
- Documenting and maintaining an inventory of all computing equipment including PCs, monitors, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment
As a Helpdesk Support Specialist you are a:
- Creative thinker – You are curious and unafraid to ask questions
- Hard worker – You are industrious and diligent in everything you do
- Innovator – You are willing to initiate changes and introduce new ideas
Your experience includes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 10 Pro)
- Knowledge of Mac OS X
- Knowledge of office productivity software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of basic networking and connectivity – DHCP, DNS, Cabling, etc.
- Knowledge of Virus and Spyware removal techniques
- Ability to quickly diagnose and fix problems
- Ability to open a computer and replace defective components
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Must be detail oriented
A plus if you have:
- Working knowledge of a past Helpdesk/Support Ticketing system
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
TransPerfect provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
TransPerfect is the world’s largest provider of language services and technology solutions for global business. From offices in over 90 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide. More than 4,000 global organizations employ TransPerfect’s GlobalLink® Product Suite to simplify management of multilingual content. With an unparalleled commitment to quality and client service, TransPerfect is fully ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 certified. TransPerfect has global headquarters in New York, with regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong. For more information, please visit our website at www.transperfect.com.
To learn more about our company culture, please watch our videos below: