Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NURSE LEADER - EMERGENCY/ NIGHT SHIFT
at Thompson Health
- Assist the Director in all phases of unit activities surrounding management of clinical nursing practice and patient care delivery. The majority of the Nurse Leader’s time is spent in supervisory work.
- He/She is responsible for assigning duties appropriately to associates.
- He/She is to serve as a role model for professional nursing and ancillary staff, sharing the responsibility of patient outcomes. Coordinates resources to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers.
- Provides leadership and support to the nursing staff by demonstrating the ability to do the following:fosters collegial interdisciplinary and physician relationships utilizing excellent communication skills;serves as a clinical resource and mentor; provides coordination of unit activity and patient throughput; provides feedback in the evaluation of staff performance; facilitates unit activity to assure excellence in clinical outcomes and quality measures.
- Actively supports the philosophy, vision, mission, goals and objectives of the Department of Nursing and the Health System.
- Responsible for management of human resources; fostering interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships within the department and institution as a whole.
- Responsible for providing administrative support including data collection and follow up, scheduling and management of productivity.
- Responsible for maintaining patient throughput during their stay in the Emergency Department.
Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrates excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize events to assure patient safety and customer satisfaction.
- Evidence of strong clinical expertise to assist others in assessing critical patients and assuring proper management.
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver and assure safe patient care utilizing the nursing process.
- Demonstrates the CARES values at all times.
- NYS license as a registered nurse.
- Current BLS CPR
- ACLS, and PALS certification (or able to obtain within 3 months of hire)
- Telemetry Credentialed
- Able to work a Night Shift
- A graduate of an approved school of nursing or having met requirements by the NYS Education Department, is eligible for licensure, or currently holds a NYS license as a registered nurse.
- BSN preferred or actively pursuing a BSN or willingness to complete within defined time frame (3 years)
- National certification preferred or a willingness to complete within a defined timeframe. (1 years)
- Minimum of three to five years recent ED/Critical Care nursing experience required.
- Evidence of previous leadership experience preferred.
- Must possess a basic knowledge and skills in: Leadership Change management Resource management Effective oral and written communication Evaluation of Associates
Scheduling Complexity of Duties:
- Able to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team and manage a stressful environment with composure and professionalism.
- Able to work independently and use own judgment in daily management of the unit.
The characteristics of the job require interpersonal skills that reflect:
- The ability to deal effectively with a wide range of customers.
- A professional attitude that supports nursing services and hospital administration and reflects a positive working relationship with staff, physicians, and other departments.
- An adaptable approach to a frequently changing environment on the unit, in the hospital, and in the health care field.
- The ability to manage in a creative, organized, self-directed, and goal-oriented manner.
- Able to constructively and professionally communicate the needs of the Emergency Department to the Health System
Supervisory Responsibility/Supervision Received:
- Directly reports to the Director of Critical Care.
- Responsible for the clinical, and personnel management of the unit on a daily basis.
- Leads the unit in a goal-directed manner, which is congruent with the Nursing Department and hospital goals and philosophies.
- Improve retention of staff nurses through increased mentoring opportunities.
- Improve clinical quality outcomes.
- Assure compliance with the National Patient Safety Goals, Core Measures, Joint Commission Standards..
- Enhance customer and medical staff satisfaction by improving communication and collaboration.
- Improve throughput of Emergency Department Patients
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.