Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ED REPRESENTATIVE / TECH- Full Time, Day/Even/Night
at Thompson Health
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: e88e0344-4454-4638-8221-874aa9643cbe
- Providing basic patient care with clinical competence.
- Assist the Registered Nurses by providing patient care tasks and supportive duties in the acute setting.
- Be self directed and quickly able to adapt to variable patient care conditions and volume levels in the ED
Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and exhibit flexibility in decision making and prioritizing assignments
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with the ED medical and nursing staff as well as other areas within the facility.
- Actively guard the confidentiality of sensitive info including but not limited to the patients, staff & the health system.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required.
- Live the CARES values at all times.
- Required – High school diploma or equivalent.
- Required – One year experience as CNA, EMT, nursing student or other suitable experience
- Preferred – Experience performing phlebotomy and/or EKGs highly desirable.
- Experience with computer order entry.
- Works in well lighted, well ventilated area.
- Stands and walks most of shift.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, injured by irrational or confused patients, may suffer eye fatigue and cumulative musculoskeletal stress associated with computer use.
- May be exposed to emotional stress due to working with emergent patients.
- Works with basic medical equipment.
- Demonstrates the CARES Values and Standards of Cooperation at all times.