The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Resident Manager Booth House - On-Call
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
- Job ID
- Social Services
- On-Call/As Needed
The Salvation Army is Hiring!
The Booth House, a shelter for runaway and homeless youth between 12-17 years of age, has an immediate opening for a part time Resident Manager to work 16 hours/week. This position is responsible for providing a variety of structured therapeutic and supportive activities for residents of the shelter.
The Salvation Army offers a truly excellent benefits package to eligible part-time employees, including:
• Generous time off every year that includes paid holidays, vacation time, and sick time.
• Sprint and Verizon Wireless Discounts.
- Implement daily activity program for residents that will allow residents to contribute, share and practice problem-solving skills.
- Participate in group events and youth development activities as requested.
- Answer telephone, complete clerical duties, complete appropriate documentation in daily log, complete emergency intakes, and provide crisis intervention counseling and supportive counseling as needed or requested by shift supervisor.
- Assist in meal preparation, housekeeping, supervision of residents, resident chores, readying residents for bed, and monitoring youth.
- Attend staff meetings and complete at least 40 hours of required training.
- Provide back-up support to other staff and youth programs as needed.
- Check and maintain building security/bed checks by monitoring residents.
- Provide community education and awareness.
- Demonstrate cultural competence, as well as integrate understanding into daily responsibilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent and More than one year of experience working with adolescents or young adults is required.
- Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements (preferred)
- Access to a vehicle during working hours (preferred)
- Ability to achieve and maintain CPR Certification
- Ability to diffuse crisis situations both within team settings and independently.
- Ability to document program events and carry out scheduled or spontaneous tasks
- Capable of applying all assigned training topics
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of disability status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.