The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
Job Reference #: 6992
Job LocationsUS-NY-St. Albans | US-NY-South Ozone Park | US-NY-Flushing | US-NY-Brooklyn | US-NY-Glendale | US-NY-Brooklyn | US-NY-Bronx | US-NY-Jamaica
- Job ID
- Developmental Disabilities
- Compensation Min
- USD $58,500.00/Yr.
- Compensation Max
- USD $65,000.00/Yr.
- Regular Full-Time
- Monitors all operations within each facility while adhering to the facility’s incident management procedures. Follows up on all recommendations made by the Incident Review Committee.
- Ensures that consumer rights are always protected by actively participating in each facility’s program planning team meetings and the agency’s Human Rights Committee.
- Conducts frequent site visits and ensures follow-up with all identified operational and physical plant issues. Works cooperatively with the maintenance and maintenance supervisor to make sure issues are corrected appropriately, economically, and in a timely fashion.
- Assists in creating and constructing effective program plans, including behavioral guidelines and with the facility’s program planning team, to ensure the health, safety and productivity of consumers
- Supervises and trains the management team at each facility. Evaluates management on a quarterly basis to encourage growth and the fulfillment of established goals. Works effectively with union members.
- Effectively identifies important issues and maintains timely communication with supervisors and other central administrators to ensure that problems are solved.
- Provides direct assistance to residence managers and other assigned staff when necessary. Resolves conflicts among staff members, outside providers, consumers and family/advocates.
- Monitors residential facilities to ensure ongoing compliance with all agency practices, policies and procedures and governmental regulations. Ensures that all programmatic and fiscal records are maintained as per regulatory standards, as evidenced by positive survey results.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate and inspire staff; creates relationships both inside and outside the agency to accomplish objectives.
- Uses effective crisis management techniques to deal with and resolve emergency situations of all kinds, including staffing shortages, epidemics, transportation strikes, weather emergencies, etc.
- Coordinate and assist each individual’s in skill development in areas such as activities of daily living skills, domestic living, recreational and socialization as needed
- Serve as a primary backup in the absence of the Program Manager
- Ensure that the residences maintain effective incident management program that results in continuous decrease in incidences of unusual incidents including injuries sustained by person served and confirmed allegations of abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Ensure that transporting of the individuals to and from programs, community inclusion activities, medical appointments home visits and all other activities as needed
- Ensure that completion of staff information entry forms when escorting the individuals on medical appointments
- Closely monitor the programs fiscal activities and accountability
- Monitor the individuals’ funds, review on a monthly basis
- Participate in Life Plan meetings, quarterly Fiscal Reviews, staff meeting, trainings
- Manage personnel by interviewing, hiring, evaluating, supervising and helping to develop the most qualified individuals for the DDS team
- Provide ongoing of monitoring fire drills as per Chapter 21 requirements
- Ensure all Waiver Services, Medicaid, SNAP and SSI benefit are active.
- Collaboration with Clinical team on treatment issues
- The essential functions for the job include, but are not limited to, the duties in the job description.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field plus five years of progressive responsible related experience working with the developmentally disabled in residential services.
- OPWDD experience required.
- AMAP, CPR & First Aid and SCIP-R Trained
- A valid NYS Driver’s License is required
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Must be available via phone and Microsoft Outlook access 24 hours 7 days per week.