The Michaels Organization
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Manager - The Hill, Rochester NY
at The Michaels Organization
The Community Manager is responsible for oversight of the entire operation of a student apartment community, ensuring success in all departments. Primary functions include meeting or exceeding occupancy goals and financial performance while providing the highest level of customer service.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Recruiting, hiring, supervising property staff including leasing, marketing, accounting and facility team members. Work with regional and corporate level staff to provide and/or coordinate training for all newly hired team members and ongoing education as needed or required.
2. Collaborate with the Leasing Manager to create and implement the community’s marketing plan to achieve or exceed budgeted occupancy for the property. Assess market conditions in conjunction with historical leasing information to monitor leasing velocity projections. Successfully implement renewal and new leasing campaigns.
3. Responsible for adhering to the budget and actively participating in monthly financial performance reviews. Monitor monthly operating statements. Control delinquency, collections and expenditures.
4. Work in conjunction with the Facilities Manager to develop Capital Improvement and Preventive Maintenance Plans to maintain the value of the asset. Collaborate with Facilities Manager on Turnover planning and execution.
5. Establish relationships with key University officials. Enhance partnerships with critical University departments such as Housing and Residence Life, Off Campus Housing, International Student Affairs, Orientation Services, Greek Life and athletic teams.
6. Manage property risks effectively by communicating potential liabilities, and reporting incidents in a timely manner.
7. Maintain and process payroll records. Closely monitor employee hours to prevent overtime unless previously approved or due to an emergency situation.
8. Foster a positive community atmosphere for residents through activities, events and customer service to encourage resident retention.
9. Follow, and direct team members to follow, all Company policies and procedures.