The Madison Square Garden Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chief Financial Officer Lustgarten
at The Madison Square Garden Company
- Requisition ID
- Functional Area
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is a leader in live entertainment experiences. The Company presents or hosts a broad array of events in its diverse collection of venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre and The Chicago Theatre. MSG Entertainment is also building a new state-of-the-art venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian, and has announced plans to build a second MSG Sphere in London, pending necessary approvals. In addition, the Company features the original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces the Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG Entertainment umbrella is Tao Group Hospitality, with entertainment dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.msgentertainment.com.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management. Prepare annual budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor activity of investment assets and oversee investment managers. Forecast cash requirements and coordinate funding for grant disbursement periods.
- Engage the board audit and investment committee around pertinent financial issues, trends, and changes affecting the organization
- Ensure that finance staff maintains financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and monitor the use of all funds
- Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics for leadership and communicate monthly and annual financial statements
- Coordinate all audit and 990 activities
- Analyze complex research grant award terms and various contribution types, including bequests and stock transfers to ensure they are recorded in accordance with GAAP
- Ensure internal control procedures safeguard cash receipts, including overseeing remote capture deposit system, event-related cash collections, etc., and ensure appropriate controls over cash disbursements and other processes including fund raising activities
- Supervise the reconciliation of all cash, credit card and wire transfer activity
- Engage the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Philanthropic Officer to align financial management with short- and long-term financial planning and projections
- Monitor expenses and provide financial insight to control costs
- Prepare and support board of director presentations as needed
- A minimum of a BS and CPA/CMA; MBA a plus
- At least ten years’ experience in a financial management role
- Experience/knowledge of not for profit accounting
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.