The Jewish Board
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Jewish Board
Child Development Center
Community Treatment & Support
Position Control #:
The Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services ("The Jewish Board") began over a century ago as a network of volunteers, bringing food and clothing to poor and immigrant Jewish families. Today, The Jewish Board is one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive mental health and social service agencies, providing support and care for individuals and families at every stage of life and of all faiths, races and cultures.
The Jewish Board promotes recovery, resilience and self-sufficiency to over 40,000 New Yorkers annually at over 75 locations throughout the five boroughs and at a 125 acre campus in Westchester. Our mission to provide health and human services to all New Yorkers is built upon the professionalism and compassion of over 3,000 employees, including professional social workers, family therapists, licensed psychologists, and psychiatrists, and a corps of 1,000 dedicated volunteers. Together, we build hope for all New Yorkers.
The 1:1 Para Teacher Assistant is assigned to an individual student mandated by the Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) to receive 1:1 assistance/supervision throughout the school day to meet the child’s individual behavior management needs and keep them safe.
- Under the direction of the teacher, supervise and assist individual student in the classroom or in a small group with other students.
- Assist in implementing Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals, including activities of daily living (e.g., toilet training, feeding).
- Meet with teacher to plan instructional activities and materials for individual student.
- Escort student to and from the school buses at arrival and dismissal time. Escort student throughout the building outside of the classroom.
- Escort child and, if indicated, remain with student during related service delivery.
High School diploma and preschool special education experience.
Student in related course of study is preferred.