The Economist Newspaper Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager, Subscriptions EIU
at The Economist Newspaper Limited
- Sales/Business Development
As the research and analysis division of the Economist Group, The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. The EIU is the global standard in providing high quality, actionable intelligence to the public and private sector, assessing issues that impact the businesses in more than two hundred countries.
We are seeking ambitious sales ‘game changers‘ to help us grow our footprint and client base across the EMEA, Asia & US markets. The Business Development Manager will take a consultative approach to selling our portfolio of macro-economic and political solutions to financial services, corporate, government, professional services and consulting sectors.
How you will contribute you:
- Qualify strategic selling opportunities and target markets/clients
- Develop and maintain a strong pipeline by proactively driving activity via self-generated opportunities as well as by following up on marketing leads
- Personally develop, own and execute an aggressive new client acquisition plan in your territory
- Develop, manage and constantly improve on your personal lead generation through proactive networking via digital and face-to-face channels and events
- Take ownership of your territory as if it was your own business by constantly improving on activity and conversion
- Manage the entire sales cycle from prospecting through to closing opportunities
- Prepare regular sales reports including activity, pipeline, sales invoiced as well as monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts
- Frequent travel across your territory
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role are:
- Considerable experience in selling business intelligence to senior executives within either financial services, corporations, governments or academics
- Proven track record in generating substantial new business, consistently beating target and performing in the top quartile of a team
- Be a true new business hunter that thrives on winning
- Exceptional networking skills – able to penetrate target organisations to drive the right engagement to win business
- A confident communicator with gravitas, able to sell consultatively and tailor converting solutions for prospects
- Proficient in relevant software/applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, CRM (preferably Salesforce), Sales Navigator, etc.
- Educated to degree level with excellent command of English – second languages a strong plus