Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accountant in New York, NY at TemPositions, Inc.
at TemPositions Group
We need a Senior
Accountant to join our finance department and take over the major reporting and
reconciliation duties for our company. The Senior Accountant will be
responsible for heading the finance department and reporting directly to the
CFO. We need a professional with inherent leadership qualities and the
attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas. The
successful applicant will have prior experience with tax issues.
- Manage the status of accounts and balances and identify inconsistencies
- Provide daily data entry of billing information in order to centralized process
- Prepare monthly billing reports for government contracts and grants
- Files billing invoices electronically and/or hard copies
- Monitor expenses that could not be billed due to budget caps or other reasons
- Monitor advances and advance recoupments from payments
- Assist in the monthly financial closing and year-end audit requirements
- Perform account reconciliations, investigating any irregularities
- Provides customer service to internal and external entities and answer billing related questions
- Overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department
- Prepare journal entries for the financial statements
- Maintain and balance financial statements through analysis
- Monthly bank reconciliation, accruals
- Assist in the management of A/R, A/P, bank reconciliations, and credit cards
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data
- Handling and producing Financial reports and/or statements
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Cash forecasting, deposit checks, check runs
- Advanced Excel skills (v-lookups and pivot tables).
- Examine statements to ensure accuracy
that statements and records comply with laws and regulations
taxes owed, prepare tax returns, ensure prompt payment
account books and accounting systems to keep up to date
and maintain financial records
businesses efficiency where money is concerned
best-practices recommendations to management
ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues and improve profits
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ of experience in accounting, business or billing analysis
- Knowledge of accounting ledgers and familiarity with accounting systems software
- Strong mathematical skills; ability to calculate figures used routinely
- Excellent customer, analytical, organizational and operational experience
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills with high level of attention to detail
- Highly analytical as well as comfortable working cross-functionally with all departments within the organization.
- Strong interpersonal, management, organization, creativity, and multi-tasking skills required.
- Familiarity with: accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, accrual accounting, auditing, balance sheets, bank deposits, bank reconciliation, debits and credits, deferral transactions, depreciation, financial statements general ledger, inventory transactions, nonprofit accounting, journal entries, notes
- Attention to Detail
Task Planning and Organizing
Use of Memory