Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housing Specialist in The Bronx, NY at TemPositions, Inc.
at TemPositions Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3P6C260QJY9TG8T6DF
Categories: Real Estate/Property Mgmt
The Housing Specialist position is to ensure that all young adults (18+) with a goal of Independent Living acquire stable housing arrangements prior to discharge from care.
- Work with young people who are aging out to submit all forms of housing applications by age 18
- Check-in on young people's application status and follow-up with NYCHA and supportive housing residences, as needed.
- Help young people apply to permanent housing, when applicable, by helping them obtain
- Section 8 vouchers, apply to the NYC affordable housing lottery, etc.
- Maintain database of open housing applications and track process.
- Alert case planners and youth to housing appointments and accompany youth to appointments.
- Maintain up to date documentation of housing services provided to youth.
- Negotiating and advocating for youth and develop a database of housing resources
- Continuously familiarizing with NYC, NYS or federal housing initiatives including NYCHA,
- Section 8 and Supportive Housing NY/NYIII.
- Provide linkage to youth and proper living arrangements.
- Conduct housing workshops for young people
- Ability to navigate complex housing issues, be resourceful, and work independently
- Ability to effectively collaborate in team settings and build relationships with external partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time-management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to engage with a culturally diverse population Spanish speaking a plus but not required
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology, or related social service field and 2 years of housing related experience OR An associate degree with at least 3+ years of housing experience
- Experience in the field of housing and housing subsides.
- Experience with system-involved or at-risk young people strongly preferred.