Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, Process Supervisor, Logistics Supervisor or Logistics Coordinator, the Operator Trainee will assist in monitoring the system which includes observing pressure, temperature and relative humidity measurements on charts, computer monitors and recorders and ensures that product is moved through the facility at the appropriate times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist observing pressures, temperature and relative humidity measurements on charts or computer monitors (EO).
- Observing sterilizers, irradiators and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and assisting with repairs as needed.
- Documenting and recording process readings.
- Performs a count and inspection of product and notes the results on the appropriate form.
- Ensures that product is moved through the facility at appropriate times.
- Reports any damaged product to the Shift Supervisor or Process Supervisor.
- Reports system problems to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Technician.
- Performs some daily and weekly equipment preventative maintenance tasks and may assist Maintenance as required.
- Stores and removes chemicals used in processing in accordance with established procedures and laws.
- Using a forklift to transfer product to staging areas in an orderly and safe manner.
- Places/removes dosimeters (Gamma/e-Beam) or biological indicators (EO) as specified
- Verifies product loading diagrams (Gamma) or cycle specification agreements (EO).
- Must be familiar with and follow all applicable safety and regulatory requirements.
- Assists with other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must be willing to work established shifts.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and perform repetitive bending and lifting motions over a period of time.
- Must have forklift driving experience.
- Computer skills desired.
- Must successfully complete Operator certification within the first eighteen months of employment.
- Must be medically approved for respirator use (EO).
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to high temperatures and high humidity (120F and 60% RH for 20 minutes) (EO).
TRAINING REQUIRED: Must complete all required training for a “Material Handler” or "Assistant Operator" outlined in the training manual.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Sterigenics U.S. LLC takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor