Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- System ID
- Relocation Type
- Employment Status
Sodexo is currently seeking a Chef Manager supporting a Corporate Services retail cafe and catering located in New York, NY but will float to other accounts as needed. This Chef Manager will be responsible for managing up to 10 Sodexo frontline employees. We are looking for candidates with corporate catering, off premise catering, or hotel banquet experience.This position oversees roughly $2M in annual managed volume and reports directly into an Executive Chef. The portfolio of this unit is 26 accounts throughout NYC and Midtown. Responsibilities include oversight of food preparation, management of line staff and dishwashers, inventory and purchasing, menu creation and pricing, food and staff budgeting, staff scheduling and kitchen safety and cleanliness maintenance.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and control
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- manage food costing, controls and compliance
- develop menus and manage inventory
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees
- have a passion for food and innovation
This position is a full time temporary position that can last up to one year. At any time after onboarding, the successful candidate is able to apply for internal positions with Sodexo.
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.