Services for the Underserved, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Services for the Underserved, Inc.
- Homeless Services
- Regular Full-Time
The Case Manager provides case management to individuals and families in need of homeless prevention services. Communicate with other staff members as needed and participate in case conference and meetings.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee case management for program participants and their families which include arranging, coordinating, monitoring and delivering of services related to meeting their housing needs.
- Ensure community follow-up to engage the program participants in care; promote compliance with appointments and encourage self-sufficiency and empowerment.
- Promote linkage with other service providers that will help participants obtain and maintain housing stability.
- Assure timely intakes, assessments, service plans and referrals.
- Provide service description and overview to prepare participants for full service engagement.
- Collaborate with program participants to develop service plans that correlate with resolving barriers to maintaining housing stability.
- Attend training and provide feedback on presentations.
Assist participants with obtaining employment services such as job training, job readiness and employment workshops
- MSW preferred, MS or BS in related field and one year of qualifying experience OR
- AA degree in related field and two years of qualifying experience
- Knowledge of the Department of Homeless Services, the Human Resources Administration, and entitlements.
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island. Learn more about S:US, our mission, and values by visiting sus.org.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays