SCO Family of Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Center for Family Life - Activity Specialist- Visual Arts @ Life Lines
at SCO Family of Services
- Responsible for the planning and facilitation of weekly age-appropriate skill-building Visual Art activities.
- The Visual Arts Specialist provides instruction for youth in painting, drawing, and sculpture, culminating in exhibition of the children's art work during Special Events, and in the creation of backdrops and props for all annual original productions; also
- Reviews participant progress on youth development outcomes;
- Incorporates the NYS Learning Standards for the Arts and the NYS Common Core Learning Standards for English Language Arts into all facets of the Visual Art curriculum.
- SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Minimum Associate's Degree required
- Relevant experience in visual arts instruction with youth
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish or English/Mandarin a plus.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS
- Must be a team player.
- Must have sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and clients within our organization.
- Must possess a strong belief in people's ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with colleagues, persons served and their families.
- Must have the ability to set limits and maintain professional boundaries with participants, parents and colleagues.