Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Support Service Associate (Courier)
at Saratoga Hospital
Saratoga Springs, NY
Work Hours: 8-4p
Summary of Position:
Transports supplies, materials and x-ray files via hospital van. Maintains cleanliness and order of items in remote storage areas.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Schedules and coordinates delivery and pick-up of materials with supported hospital staff, including but not limited to lab materials (biohazards), pathology specimens, and newspaper advertisements.
Schedules and completes vehicle runs within the Greater Albany/Capital District to obtain and deliver material, including legal documents and Board of Trustee packets for meetings.
Transports mail and correspondence to off-site locations.
Makes bank deposits as required.
Maintains vehicle in operating order; logs miles, destinations, and maintenance of the vehicle.
High school graduate or equivalent education required. Must be 21 years of age and able to be approved to be insured in hospital's drivers insurance and have a familiarity with local area. Experience as a warehouse associate/distributor desired. Must possess a valid New York State driver's license in good standing.
Required Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- In depth understanding of technical processes in specialty field.
- Ability to apply preventative maintenance procedures on equipment and machinery.
- Ability to serve as a resource in specialty for team and organization.
- Strong communication skills to interface with team and others to ensure efficiency.
- Ability to organize and establish day-to-day priorities while utilizing critical thinking skills in all aspects of the job.
- Must be able to multitask while remaining professional, focused, composed and positive.
- Must be able to establish an appropriate and effective rapport with others.
- Must be flexible to take initiative and embrace new opportunities to grow both personally and organizationally.
- Problem solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Basic computer skills.