Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Service Associate - Housekeeping
at Saratoga Hospital
Saratoga Springs, NY
Work Hours: Days
I. Summary of Position
This job description provides information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position
Performs environmental services and sanitation tasks daily and as needed basis. Assumes responsibility for providing a clean, safe, pleasant environment for patients, residents and staff while insuring departmental customer service and cleaning standards are maintained. Actively participates in quality assurance and departmental quality incentive activities. Uses supplies and equipment in a safe manner.
II. Primary Job Responsibilities
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the position. Primary job responsibilities constitute approximately 90% of the positions work. To be successful, individuals must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions outlined in this position description.
· Ensures departmental quality standards are maintained by following proper procedures for cleaning and sanitation of equipment, patient rooms, offices and all other areas of the hospital on a daily basis in a timely manner.
· Checks rooms for any safety hazards including spills, water, etc.
· Collects, transports, and disposes of municipal waste, regulated medical waste, sharps, and soiled linen in accordance with regulatory requirements.
· Cleans, maintains, and stores all cleaning equipment and restocks supplies at the completion of the shift reporting any faulty equipment.
III. Additional Responsibilities
Other duties assigned.
IV. Supervisory Responsibilities
V. Minimum Qualifications
Education, Training & Experience
Ninth grade completion required. Healthcare housekeeping experience preferred.
Certifications / Licensure
VI. Required Skills and Attributes
· Must be flexible to adapt to new challenges.
· Takes initiative and embraces new opportunities to grow both personally and organizationally.