Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Associate Platform - Core Java
at Sapient Corporation
At Sapient Global Markets, we are quite literally on the front lines of the biggest issues facing the global markets leaders today – investment banks, asset management firms, wealth managers, oil and energy firms, and government and regulatory agencies. Driving transformation and leading change within these industries requires big thinkers who bring insight, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation. What we offer is the opportunity to join a recognized leader in developing and delivering groundbreaking solutions for today's dynamic global marketplace and an award-winning culture that fosters growth and leadership. Choose to be a Troublemaker – challenge the status quo, innovate, disrupt and seize the opportunity to transform yourself. All this while having fun along the way!
Senior Associate Platform - Core Java
A Senior Associate Platform contributes towards a particular module/s of work by bringing deep core technology expertise and relevant business subject matter expertise to the table.
- Providing technical expertise for every phase of the project lifecycle—from concept development to solution design, implementation, optimization and support
- Interact with a set of clients (client senior developers and architects) to create technology specifications from business requirements for one of the modules within the project
- Prepare the technical design of the more complex technology components within the module (one or more of client/web presentation tier, server tier, data access and data model, integration component, package function customization)
- Work with and assist the architect in articulating the pros and cons of using a certain technology stack or component or design pattern versus another to the clients and project team and drives selection of technologies, designs to come up with the optimal architecture
- Drive the performance tuning, re-design and re-factoring for a module
- Contribute to designing and implementing the build, release process as well as system configuration and deployment characteristics of the application
- Implement (hands-on) the module components based on Sapient and industry best practices
- Mentor the team (people working on the module and other project team members) on technology concepts and the Sapient way and best practices for design, implementation and other processes
- 4 to 8 years of strong development skills in Java (JDK1.5 or 1.6) and Java 5 or above features: Enums, Collections, Algorithms, Annotations, Generics, Auto boxing, Loops, Concurrent APIs etc.
- Strong OO design skills and implementation of design patterns
- Experience with Multithreading, Concurrent Package, Data Structures and Algorithms
- Should have strong acumen in problem solving skills
- Experience in RDBMS
- Experience writing Junit test cases
- Good communication skills and ability to work with global teams to define and deliver on projects
- Sound understanding / experience in software development process, test driven development
- Hands on experience with JMS, Spring & Hibernate preferred
- Preferred experience with Java 8, Presentation Layer (JSP/Servlets), JS Frameworks (Angular, jquery, react etc), Rest Web Services and Agile
Any graduation or above
Bangalore, Gurgaon and Mumbai
About Global Markets:
Sapient Global Markets, a part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of services to today's evolving financial and commodity markets. We provide a full range of capabilities to help our clients grow and enhance their businesses, create robust and transparent infrastructure, manage operating costs, and foster innovation throughout their organizations. We offer services across Advisory, Analytics, Technology, and Process, as well as unique methodologies in program management, technology development, and process outsourcing. Sapient Global Markets operates in key financial and commodity centers worldwide, including Boston, Calgary, Chicago, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Milan, New York, Singapore, Washington D.C. and Zurich, as well as in large technology development and operations outsourcing centers in Bangalore, Delhi, and Noida, India. For more information, visit www.sapientglobalmarkets.com.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.