Santander Consumer USA Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Risk Officer - ABS Specialist
at Santander Consumer USA Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1803293
Categories: Police/Fire/Emergency Personnel
Credit Risk Officer– ABS portfolio
- The Credit Risk Officer will provide independent oversight of all aspects of credit quality of the ABS portfolio, including the daily approval process of individual credits and the formal review process of the portfolio as a whole
- Their primary responsibilities consist of the review and coordinate for the approval of individual transactions. This also includes recommendation as to transaction structuring
- They will cooperate in the development of underwriting standards and guidelines as well as being responsible for the overall credit quality
- Monitor the portfolio including the management of waivers / amendments of the transactions and the performance of the collateral to detect any downward trends
- They will work closely with the product team in the origination and monitoring of transactions
- Undertake other tasks as may be appropriate to the position as part of the broader team environment
- Conduct detailed credit analysis and risk assessments for ABS transaction with a primary focus on structure, documentation and collateral performance
- Conducts due diligence calls or visits where appropriate; professionally represent the bank with clients
- Prepare written risk opinions and analysis
- Deal with bankers and ABS product team. Building and maintaining strong relationships with them and responding in a timely manner to requests
- Make presentations to senior management and credit committees. Meet with senior management of client and potential client firms to maintain credit relationships
- Assist in the development of credit policy and risk management standards, procedures and processes for the ABS portfolio
- Articulate a convincing case in support of the risk opinion
- Prepare various portfolio analytical reports and presentations; stay connected with industry trends and macro issues which may impact the portfolio
- Assist and on developing internal tools, methodologies and rating models to assess the risk in the ABS portfolio
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Master's degree preferred
At least 10 years
- Demonstrated track record of structuring, monitoring, risk rating ABS transactions
- Should be a self-starter
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.