Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Strategic Accounts - Finance
at Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you're an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.#LI-Sales
We're looking for a Director, Strategic Accounts in U.S. (flexible location).
Reporting to and working directly with the Senior Vice-President of Sales (SVP Sales), you will take responsibility for achieving the regional annual Gross Auction Proceeds (“GAP”), Commission Revenue and Sales Contribution targets through the development of your Strategic Account Managers, new business development and key account management. All Finance Strategic Account Managers will report to the Strategic Accounts Director.
- Along with the SVP Sales, and in alignment with the corporate strategy, plan, develop and execute the annual regional business plan (Playbooks) and related sales growth strategies and tactics to deliver annually targeted and longer term regional financial performance.
- Work with the Corporate Marketing team and other teams to formulate and execute on marketing strategies, objectives and initiatives that are aligned with the corporate marketing strategy along with the Finance sector strategies.
- Manage the performance accountability of Strategic Account Managers and coordinators for the region including succession planning, career planning and compensation.
- Ensure all aspects of deal execution are carried out: price all risk deals, manage deal strategy and approvals, balance risk on deals including the consideration of longer term implications, resolve/approve value debt issues and participate in the preparation and presentation of all large customer deals.
- Manage and promote RB within the sector through industry engagement and promotion. Work with supporting teams on comprehensive plans to grow the presence in the space.
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
- A strong aptitude in the finance industry.
- A minimum of 5 of experience managing and/or directing a field sales team in a quota-driven business environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing sales initiatives and business plans to support evolving business goals, including delivering and executing sales growth strategies.
- Strong business acumen: knowledge of business theory, business processes and operations, management principles and budgets.
- Strong leadership, management and coaching skills are essential.
- A high degree of customer service orientation. You care about building authentic and long-lasting relationships with customers.
- Previous experience working effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we've proven this throughout our 60 years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here's how:
- Base salary performance bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- 401(K) and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Company car, laptop, smart phone, expense account.
- Dedicated travel services.
- Top sales performance awards including paid trip with your spouse.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company's selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, the world's largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee, an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.