Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SR Accountant 2
at RCN Corporation
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to support our Corporate Accounting team. The ideal candidate will have at least three years big four experience in consumer and industrial products or media clients. The position is based in Manhattan, NY.
- Execution of monthly and quarterly close procedures, ensuring accurate results are delivered timely under US GAAP
- Prepare journal entries, accounts reconciliation and fluctuation analysis.
- Help lead the implementation of best practices on general ledger team to simplify, standardize and scale our business and global RTR organization
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility and help develop/refine RTR accounting processes and procedures
- Work cross functionally with Finance, Legal, AP, Payroll, FP&A, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- Analyze capitalization including overhead allocation in cable industry.
- Experience with ASC 606 and ASC 842 required
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participate in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with a minimum of 3 years from Big Four
- Related month end close or GL experience with global, public traded company preferred
- Experience with major ERP system (Great Plains) preferred
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required
- Strong Excel skills, and be comfortable with extremely large data volume
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment a plus
- Ability to travel as required
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.