Power Engineers Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substation Project Engineer
at Power Engineers Inc
Power Delivery Syracuse Substation Group
Substation Project Engineer
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
POWER Engineers is currently seeking an electrical engineer to work as a Substation Project Engineer in the Power Delivery Substation Department of our Syracuse, NY office.
This position involves leading designs for brownfield substation upgrades and greenfield substation installations. The Project Engineer is required to oversee and coordinate some or all of the following:
- Environmental investigations and permitting (Geotech reports, surveys).
- Site civil designs (grading) for station expansions or greenfield installations.
- Structural analyses and steel mounting installations.
- The Physical and Protection & Control aspects of replacing and/or installing new transformers, disconnect switches, circuit breakers, circuit switchers, CT's, PT's, CCVT's, trenching/conduits, station service, and Control Cubicles to include protective relaying and control panel lineups, RTU's, battery banks, chargers, panelboards, fiber communications, etc.
- Manage and keep project tracking tools up to date for project scope, schedules, budgets, and EVA's.
- Coordinate and direct others in the detailed design of medium to extra high voltage utility substations including one-line diagrams, elementary and wiring diagrams, SCADA, communications, conduit and cable sizing/routing, substation physical layouts, selection of substation equipment, and writing of substation equipment specifications.
- Develop proposals, budgets, and project schedules.
- POWER has a rigorous quality assurance program. Ensure that the quality control procedures are adhered to and documented.
- Manage relationships with alliance clients.
- BSEE (BS Electrical Engineering) or BSEET (BS Electrical Engineering Technology) degree, from an accredited university preferably with a power option.
- Exceptional formal, technical writing skills are a must. The position requires extensive writing of proposals, RFI's, project status summaries, change orders, etc.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- EIT, Professional Engineering license, or ability to obtain.
- Experience leading internal project teams and external clients.
- Ability to lead and conduct high-profile meetings with multiple project stakeholders present.
- Must be willing to travel about 20% of the time.
- Ability to multi-task and lead several projects/proposals concurrently.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without the need for work sponsorship.
- Experience in 15kV through 500kV substation design and IEEE/ANSI standards.
- Ability to perform quality control checks on substation design packages.
- Ability to approve and professionally seal substation design packages.
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.