Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at People Incorporated
Responsible for the completion of all tasks with minimum supervision as directed by the Facility Coordinator. Responsible for reporting any condition effecting building services and consumer or employee safety and comfort. Will accompany Facility Coordinator on tours of sites to help identify potential problems in specific areas of responsibility including site maintenance, janitorial, physical plant and preventative maintenance that could result in the sites inability to pass state survey. Responsible for following People Inc. guidelines regarding general maintenance practices. Responsible for protecting and improving the quality of life for the consumer and the value of property. Ensure building machinery and systems meet or exceed their rated life. Knowledge of codes, laws and regulations pertaining to the operations of the facility are mandatory.
• Inspects property on a regular basis and notifies responsible parties of deficiencies or items requiring attention.
• Responds to weather related circumstances, which may typically require the removal of snow, debris, etc.
• Completes all minor repairs and maintenance of physical plant, doors, windows, railings, ceiling tile, etc.
• Replaces light bulbs and ballasts, defective electrical switches, outlets and other electrical fixtures of a minor scale.
• Paints interior or exterior of building as required.
• Performs minor plumbing repairs.
• Provides general lawn care, grass cutting, edging, trimming bushes, etc.
• Repairs minor parking lot surface cracks, holes, curb painting, etc.
• Completes Maintenance Request Forms.
• Assists in unloading and set up of State furniture with new sites.
• Performs pro-active inspections of property and identifies and corrects findings.
• Conducts preventative maintenance functions according to scheduled maintenance program on snow removal equipment, trucks, lifts, generators, etc.
• Records water temperatures on a monthly basis.
• Checks operations of the fire life safety equipment, smoke detectors, Co2 detectors, emergency lighting, etc.
• Assembles all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete work assigned.
• Performs all work with a minimum of disruption and supervision.
• Conducts immediate clean-up of work area.
• Reports any impending supply of material shortages to the Maintenance Coordinator.
• Advices Facility Coordinator of any equipment problem.
• Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• 1-2 years general maintenance experience preferred.
• Valid NYS Driver’s License.
• Broad mechanical, electrical, plumbing and carpentry knowledge and experience.
• Good oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Lifting requirement of 50lbs.
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position when performing the following: standing, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling and climbing.