Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CSR--Freeport (Long Island)--Part Time--8:00 a.m to 10:00 p.m
SUMMARY: Provides optimal customer service through accurate and efficient transactions and through long term rapport-building with customers. Also extends professional and efficient service while incorporating tested sales strategies including crossing-selling and up-selling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Processes customer transactions including but not limited to cashing checks, money transfers, bill payment and selling a wide range of pre-paid products; ensures all necessary information is in place prior to completing transactions.
- Opens new preferred customer accounts and issue preferred customer cards.
- Ensures completion of customer transactions in a timely and courteous manner
- Establishes and maintains customer accounts by updating photos, address, phone numbers, etc.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding their accounts or Pay-O-Matic products and services in a professional and courteous manner.
- Promotes Pay-O-Matic’s services by offering customers information on valuable services.
- Performs check verification; uses the Loss Prevention Department as a tool to perform check verifications.
- Sells money orders, postage stamps, Metro cards, E-Z passes and inPower cards
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment by following Pay-O-Matic’s safety policies and procedures.
- Performs cash draw opening and closing procedures at shift completion; reconciles checks checks, payments and other transactions performed during your shift.
- Effectively identifies and responds to customers’ needs.
- Maintains working knowledge of all Pay-O-Matic products and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- One to two years related experience or equivalent.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient computer operator.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of team Pay-O-Matic.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Acute attention to detail.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Bilingual is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Work at different stores within the borough as the need arises (floating)
- Work at least 8 hours in confined areas without leaving the store.
- Work alone throughout the shift
- Close the store when required
- Most stores are very small with enough room to perform transactions for customers.
- Floating (working at different stores) within the borough may be required
- Candidate should be able to work between 08:00 a.m.. and 10:00 p.m.for six to eight hours shift and work overtime when occasionally required
- Candidate should be able to work on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
Applicant, please note that most shifts are between 6 and 8 hours long; however, there may be instances where you may be needed for overtime. This position would require someone that has a flexible schedule. If you do not have a flexible schedule, then please do not apply for this position. The shift is not negotiable. In addition, you must be available to work on weekends and holidays.
Again, you must be available to:
- work between the hours of 08:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Be able to work Thursdays through Sundays and holidays