Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
412-Part-Time CSR -- Mid-Shift -- 12:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
SUMMARY: Provides optimal customer service through accurate and efficient transactions and through long term rapport-building with customers. Also extends professional and efficient service while incorporating tested sales strategies including crossing-selling and up-selling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict any additional tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Processes customer transactions including but not limited to cashing checks, money transfers, bill payment and selling a wide range of pre-paid products; ensures all necessary information is in place prior to completing transactions.
• Opens new preferred customer accounts and issues preferred customer cards
• Ensures completion of customer transactions in a timely and courteous manner
• Establishes and maintains customer accounts by updating photos, addresses, phone numbers, etc. • Responds to customer inquiries regarding their accounts or Pay-O-Matic products and services in a professional and courteous manner.
• Promotes Pay-O-Matic’s services by offering customers information on valuable services.
• Performs check verification using the Loss Prevention Department as a tool.
• Sells money orders, postage stamps, Metro cards, E-Z passes and Prepaid cards
• Maintains a safe and secure work environment by following Pay-O-Matic’s safety policies and procedures.
• Keeps the Secure (teller) Area clean and tidy and follows company’s cash handling procedures.
• Performs cash drawer opening and closing procedures at shift completion; reconciles checks cashed, payments made and other transactions performed during his/her shift.
• Effectively identifies and responds to customers’ needs.
• Maintains working knowledge of all Pay-O-Matic products and services.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• One to two years related experience or equivalent.
• Superb customer service skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficient computer operator.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Strong multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of team
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Bilingual skills (be able to speak and understand English and Spanish) required for this position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Calculate figures and amounts.
• Work at different stores as the need arises (floating)
• Work at least 8 hours in confined areas without leaving the store.
• Work alone throughout the shift
• Open and close the store when required
• Most stores are very small with enough room to perform transactions for customers.
• Floating (working at different stores) within the borough is required
• Candidate should be able to work between the stated working hours for six to eight hours shift and work overtime when occasionally required
• Candidate should be able to work weekends and holidays
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Applicant, please note that most shifts are between 6 and 8 hours long; however, there may be instances where you may be needed for overtime. This position would require someone that has a flexible schedule. If you do not have a flexible schedule, then please do not apply for this position. The shift is not negotiable. In addition, you must be available to work on weekends and holidays.
Again, you must be available to:
• work between the hours of 12:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
• work weekends and holidays
• work any of the seven days during the week
• float to different locations within the Bronx area as needed
• Bilingual (English/Span) skills are required