Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Civil Inspector - Bridge Projects
at Parsons Corporation
We are looking for a Sr. Civil Inspector to work on major Bridge and Roadway Construction Projects in NY. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, full benefits and paid overtime.
In this role, you will perform difficult and sometimes complex inspection tasks as well as inspect various facets of work on the construction site and perform continuous surveillance of assigned construction activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications. Inspection activities are usually concentrated in one of the following areas: complex structural steel fabrication and erections, foundations, concrete, mechanical, or electrical. Willingness to travel to field sites is expected.
Conducts tests to determine if work has been done in accordance with contract specifications and may include any of the following:
- Performs civil and structural tests, such as soil compaction, moisture content, aggregation, graduation, concrete slump, air entrainment, concrete compression, lines and grade surveys, bolt torques, and concrete coring.
- Performs surveillance of underground piping to ensure tightness, bedding, and grade.
- Inspects and monitors piling installation to ensure location and bearing.
- Inspects electrical installations to ensure proper grounding, circuit integrity, and adherence to statutory and customer regulations.
- Performs continuing inspection of painting and insulation to ensure thickness and coverage continuity. Provides general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
- Verifies equipment alignment and balancing operations.
- Participates in the development of quality control reports and procedures
- Participates in the development of job safety practices and in the preparation of safety reports.
- May administer welder qualification tests.
- Participate in concrete deck pours
- Inspect heavy structural steel erection/repairs
Prefer BS Degree in Civil or Construction Engineering plus 2 years of related inspection experience OR
2-year degree in a technical discipline or construction-related field, or a high school diploma and equivalent work experience, is required.
If no degree, must have 5+ years of related experience on heavy construction projects, preferably on Bridge Construction projects
NICET II & III Certifications required
Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction-related processes related to the area of assignment.
10-hour OSHA construction Cert preferred
Familiarity with NYSDOT MURK manual and requirements preferred
ACI Level 1 valid certification preferred
ICC bolting certification preferred
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.