Northern Rivers Family Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northern Rivers Family Center
Earn some extra money this summer!
We're seeking certified lifeguards for our Albany and Schenectady Residences
Ideal seasonal position with flexible schedule from Memorial Day until Labor Day weekend
with daytime and early evening hours.
Let the outdoors be your office!
Our Lifeguard needs to provide rescue and lifesaving services, teach water safety and swimming instruction to children and adolescents in program during the summer months, and help maintain the Residence pool for optimal health and safety.
· Monitor and maintain order in the swimming pool area to prevent accidents. Provide swimming assistance to swimmers.
· Rescue Swimmers in danger of drowning and administer first aid.
· Inspect the swimming facilities at the beginning and end of each shift for cleanliness. Using a test kit, monitor and record the chlorine content and pH level of the water.
· Conduct/Officiate at swimming meets and provide students with ongoing swimming instruction based on student abilities.
· Report all student and staffing concerns to the residential supervisors. Hold students and staff accountable to the rules of the pool area and report any concerns with adherence of these rules to a Residential Supervisor.
· During inclement weather work as needed in other areas of the recreational department.
· Advance Life Saving certificate or equivalent.
· Experience working with children and adolescents and the ability to understand and develop the basics of the Therapeutic environment.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond. Northern Rivers and member organizations Northeast Parent & Child Society and Parsons Child & Family Center are powered by a 1,400-strong workforce. We’re developing innovative new treatments to help clients achieve success, believe in themselves, and follow their dreams. We provide more than 70 programs and services to more than 14,000 people each year in 36 counties throughout New York state. Join us and change lives, including yours.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Northern Rivers Family of Services will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.