Northern Rivers Family Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full-Time Overnight Residential Counselor - $1,000 sign-on bonus
at Northern Rivers Family Center
Now that we have your attention, we want to tell you that we also offer our employees great benefits like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement (after only 6 months of employment) and a very generous time off package! Sign-on bonus is payable in two parts.
If you want a great career where you make a positive impact on children’s lives and strengthen our community, come and work for Northern Rivers Family of Services and make a difference at our Schenectady Residence for children and adolescents.
Join us and be a part of a great team that is strength-based with family- and youth-centered values working together to make a difference in young people’s lives. This role is responsible for providing therapeutic care and programming daily for children and adolescent clients placed residentially with us who may have experienced trauma and have had difficulty being successful in their young lives.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- You would be a part of a team providing for the physical and psychological needs of clients, including their physical safety, good hygiene,
clothing, food (cooking when necessary), and medical care. You would also provide a reliable and nurturing environment.
- You would work within the trauma-informed framework of the program, including identifying and using coping and safety plans, maintaining consistency, and providing structure and routine, while controlling your own responses to youth.
- You would engage and form positive, healthy relationships with all the youth we serve.
- You would need to complete all mandatory trainings according to programmatic guidelines that we provide, including basic competency in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention techniques.
- You would work as part of a dynamic, professional multi-disciplinary team to provide quality care for the youth temporarily placed in our care.
- You would need to complete and maintain required documentation to meet our programmatic and regulatory standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older as per regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work overnight shifts and weekends required.
- Valid and clean (less than 6 points) driver's license required.
- Experience working with adolescents.
- Experience with traumatized and struggling children and adolescents preferred.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond. Northern Rivers and member organizations Northeast Parent & Child Society and Parsons Child & Family Center are powered by a 1,400-strong workforce. We’re developing innovative new treatments to help clients achieve success, believe in themselves, and follow their dreams. We provide more than 70 programs and services to more than 14,000 people each year in 36 counties throughout New York State. Join us and change lives, including yours.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Northern Rivers Family of Services will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.