Northern Rivers Family Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Foster Care Home Finder
at Northern Rivers Family Center
Northern Rivers is looking for a Foster Care Home Finder at our Albany, NY location!
The Foster Family Program provides foster and pre-adoptive foster homes children from birth through age 21 who have been removed from their homes and placed in foster care. Each foster parent receives training and ongoing professional support to promote a positive, successful experience.
Our Foster Care Home Finders are responsible for recruiting and assessing prospective foster homes, which includes training and case management of the certification process. They also maintain each certified foster home, including recertifying each home, ensuring agency and state standards are met with their licensure.
This opportunity requires the following essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
Employees are expected to be awake and alert while working.
· You will participate actively in community activities and events to recruit foster parents and develop an active recruitment plan for recruiting foster parents.
· You will handle inquiries and applications from potential foster parents and facilitate all orientation meetings with potential foster parents.
· You will complete all paperwork for the certification process and prepare and present GPS/MAPP training for potential foster parents.
· You will assess families’ ability to foster children as it relates to 12 skills of successful fostering and complete home studies for all recommended foster homes.
· You will conduct safety assessments to assure the health and safety of foster homes.
· You will facilitate CPR/First Aid process and other agency pre-certification trainings.
· You will maintain certified foster family records and handle the recertification process, including development of yearly skill development plans with each family, assessing strengths and needs of the foster home.
· You will provide ongoing training and support for certified parents in conjunction with the foster care team and check with certified families on quarterly basis to monitor strengths and needs of the foster home.
· You will consult with Program Supervisors on homes and placement of children.
· You will coordinate the annual holiday party and a foster parent appreciation event as retention efforts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, sociology, psychology, education or related field.
At least two years of related experience.
CERTIFICATION / LICENSURE Requires a valid driver’s license.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond. Northern Rivers and member organizations Northeast Parent & Child Society and Parsons Child & Family Center are powered by a 1,400-strong workforce. We’re developing innovative new treatments to help clients achieve success, believe in themselves, and follow their dreams. We provide more than 70 programs and services to more than 14,000 people each year in 36 counties throughout New York state. Join us and change lives, including yours.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Northern Rivers Family of Services will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.