Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Manager -Insurance: Life, Disability, LTC
at NFP Corp
Who we are:
Lenox Advisors brings together sophisticated solutions in wealth management and insurance services to high net worth individuals and their families. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NFP Corp., we combine the culture of a boutique firm with the stability and backing of a large corporation to create an environment that's truly unique.
We have an immediate need for a Case Manager in our New Business Underwriting Department. The purpose of the role is to partner with financial advisors to coordinate and expedite Life, Disability and Long Term Care insurance. This position will be responsible for coordinating cases for our financial advisors (Associates, Vice Presidents, and Senior Vice Presidents).
We offer the accommodation to be assigned to one of our advisory offices in any of the following locations: NYC; Stamford, CT, San Francisco; LA; or Chicago.
What you'll be doing:
Case Management & Underwriting
- Manage an average pending caseload of 150-200 cases.
- Coordinate and expedite all Life, Long Term Care and Disability Income insurance applications to MassMutual and other insurance carriers.
- Stay current on insurance carrier’s underwriting, product, compliance and submission requirements. Gain understanding and implement it in the daily process.
- Educate financial advisors on the impact of underwriting requirements including but not limited to medical impairments, financials, and foreign guidelines.
- Determine impairments and or risks based on medical, physical, occupational, financial or insurable interest and work with financial advisors to determine appropriate product and illustration specifications.
- Review of underwriting requirements and respond to all underwriting communication.
- Negotiate underwriting offers for business placement.
- Update, respond to and initiate activities within the client management system to ensure case and client data is current.
- Facilitate bi-weekly one on one meetings with RM and/or assistant.
- ADE and reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; in addition to related experience.
- Two plus years of previous work experience and knowledge of Life, LTC and Disability insurance products.
- Must have experience with new business applications, while educating advisors/producers in underwriting requirements and impacts. Must be proficient in underwriting requirements.
- Should be well-versed in medical terminology of conditions, impairments and medications.
- The candidate will also have strong organization skills, high attention to detail and the capacity to solve problems while considering the impact to clients and the firm.
- Brokerage experience a plus.
- The ideal candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office and have the ability to learn new and various software quickly.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills are a must.