Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Neuroscience/EEG Technician - Per Diem - Rotating Shifts
at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Quality Neurology Care
Neuroscience/EEG Technicians' Make It Possible
Neuroscience/EEG Technician - Per Diem - Weekends
NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center has a distinguished history of transformative innovation. Founded in 1909, our Neurological Institute was the first in North America. We treat the largest stroke caseload worldwide, with the lowest mortality rate for aneurysm surgery in NY State. And we’re pioneering the development of hypothermic arrest surgery.
We’re seeking a highly skilled Neuroscience Technician to serve as an integral part of our program which is ranked #3 in the nation for Neurology/Neurosurgery by U.S.News & World Report. In this role you will work on the Epilepsy Monitoring Units, as well as long term EEG Monitoring Units in critical care areas. You will prepare patients and equipment for recording prior to in-patient procedures. You will have the opportunity work with a broad range of patients from neonatal to geriatric.
This is a per-diem position, with primarily weekend shift needs, working overnights from 11P - 7A.
- Six months to one year of prior experience
- American Board of Registered Electroneurodiagnostics Technologists (ABRET) registry eligible
- Graduation from an accredited electroneurodiagnostic technology training program (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- EEG, Evoked Potential, EMG, or Transcranial Doppler experience and demonstrated ability to meet competencies of the department
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Internationally acclaimed, our hospital leads the way in research, life-shaping education and compassionate care.
Step into a career at a truly Amazing place. Among the highest echelon of the topmost hospitals in the world, NewYork-Presbyterian is Making It Possible for patients at this moment. What does this mean for you? Nothing less than an extraordinary career.
We care for 1 out of every 4 New Yorkers in medical need.
The nation's largest not-for-profit academic medical center, with over 2 million patient visits a year.
Ranked #1 hospital in New York City and #8 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.