Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Portfolio Management, Associate
at Mizuho OSI
- Responsible for active and dynamic portfolio management of the Banking Americas lending portfolio with a focus on optimizing profitability and capital.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in managing the overall Banking Americas portfolio.
- Manage the pipeline to determine if a proposal is subject to the capital allocation committee (New Business Committee or NBC) including coordinating the NBC process.
- Provide onboarding advisory solutions of new capital requests to Banking Americas including but not limited to:
- Provide comments and observations on NBC presentations prior to final submission for committee review and approval.
- Validate profitability models.
- Guidance and advisory on profitability metrics including offering solutions to maximize/improve profitability.
- Point of contact for deal teams for client capital onboarding and strategic deal advisory.
- Non-bias scrutiny of client value propositions at the point of origination to make deal teams aware of potential challenges that could be addressed during negotiations.
- Advise deal teams on achieving target risk appetite with the use of various risk mitigation tools in order to support the execution of transactions and generate ancillary cross selling opportunities for core clients.
- Monitor Banking Americas portfolio using early warning indicators for sectors and specific credits.
- Actively scrutinize single names and sectors post origination to identify potential credit migration risks forming proprietary views and developing recommendations.
- Perform fundamental credit risk deep dive assessments on sectors and specific credits triggered by early warning indicators to form a view and develop action plan.
- Coordinate internally with Sector Team Leaders to forecast and report Banking Americas credit charges.
- Ad-hoc reporting on portfolio composition and various risk metrics.
- Anticipate, assess and analyze event driven risk on portfolio (natural disasters, political instability, systemic shifts in industry business models).
- Advise and/or manage stressed and distressed credits in the portfolio.
- Be a center of excellence for bank profitability metrics, capital calculations, to provide advisory and education to bankers and product partners at point of origination.
- Provide transparency to risk mitigation tools/costs to meet potential risk appetite thresholds ensuring costs are factored into profitability metrics.
- Track client and portfolio profitability to ensure NBC cross sell promises/forecasts from product partners are delivered
- Identify issues with transaction booking, fix errors in booking systems, and ensuring that collateral protections are properly reflected in order to get the right impact to the Bank’s balance sheet and P&L.
- Monthly and ad-hoc reporting on Banking Americas portfolio.
- Assist with other administrative duties and projects, including the execution of live transactions, as assigned.
- Periodic ad-hoc projects and reporting.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS OR EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics or strong quantitative background.
- Formalized Credit Training (preferred) from an accredited financial institution.
- 3-5 years of credit portfolio management or relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of banking products including documentation (loans, trade finance, leasing, securitization, project finance, etc).
- Understandings of regulatory capital, RWA calculations, and Basel accord.
- Understanding of Credit Default Swaps, Credit Risk Insurance, Loan Sales, CLO and other risk mitigation products.
- Workout experience is a plus.
- Cross sector expertise is a plus
- MBA or CFA preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Power Point, and Excel (including Capital IQ and Bloomberg).
- Good interpersonal skills and a team oriented person.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho’s operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
At Mizuho, we provide the stability of an international industry leader with the career trajectory of a growing business. Our steady, strategic growth gives our people at all levels rewarding degrees of responsibility and a richer work experience than a boutique firm or an established giant could offer alone.
It’s the local expertise of our employees that makes our global network so powerful. By collaborating with colleagues and clients who have your same ambition and drive, you can amplify your sphere of influence and base of knowledge as part of one of the largest—and growing—banks in the world.
For more information, please view our Recruiting Brochure.