Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Infrastructure Project Coordinator
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Hire Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Job Category
Milestone Technologies, Inc. is looking for motivated professional to join our project team as Project Coordinator and responsible for network projects of varying size and complexity. We are looking for candidates for our AMER team, role to be based in our NYC office. The Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, organizing and controlling project activities, under the direction of a Technical Project Manager (TPM) & AMER PMG Manager.
- Conduct or review field inspection reports throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines/trades
- Manage the data cabling vendor -- answering questions during installation, ensuring design is met
- Learn the mechanical, electrical, and cabling standards for design of technology rooms
- Assist with the build-out of the network technology/hardware in the technology rooms
- Be responsible for power, fiber, and copper connectivity of network hardware
- Collaborate with the project network engineer to bring up network (go live), help with troubleshooting during this process
- Keep the Technical Project Manager (TPM) and others informed about project status, schedule, risks, and issues that may impact project delivery
- Assist the PM in the drafting and issuance of project proposals, statements of work,
- RFP’s and preliminary schedules
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans and work hours
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Participate in project construction meetings
- Prepare substantial completion certificates and ensure all required project close out documents are obtained
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
- Minimum 3 years of Project Coordinator experience with Network Infrastructure.
- Optional: Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Network Infrastructure or Project Management.
- 3 years of experience supporting Project Managers in the delivery of technology or Network Infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of data cabling designs and installations - copper and fiber vertical and horizontal
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Travel across the US, Canada and Central/South America -- 20%
- International travel a requirement (passport required)
- Fluent English required; Spanish is optional