Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RETAIL A+ COMPUTER TECH
at Micro Center
MICRO CENTER is the nation’s leading computer and electronic device big box retailer! Our technology super store has an industry-leading 40,000 selection of premier computer products and the most knowledgeable staff in the business. Micro Center has been ranked by one of the leading consumer advocacy magazines as a top walk-in store to purchase a PC based on merchandise selection, service and pricing. Work with us and help us on our mission to be the best computer and electronic device store in the world!
We are seeking self-motivated, friendly and knowledgeable Retail A Computer Technicians to diagnose and repair a variety of computer and electronic equipment and communicate with Service Department customers in our high-volume big box retail store. A certification is required.
• Provide technical explanations, do problem analysis, and recommend complete solutions to walk-in customers through consultative solution selling; build repeat business through customer satisfaction.
• Identify, diagnose, and document hardware failure or software problems on a variety of computers or computer-related equipment.
• Recommend components/configurations and assemble customized computer systems.
• Provide timely, complete, and accurate information directly to customers via face-to-face, telephone, text, and email communication regarding their service event.
• Consistently achieve productivity, customer satisfaction, and sales attachment goals of the Service Department.
• Complete transactions and service events accurately and within established timeframes.
• Understand and utilize technical manuals and support resources while maintaining appropriate technical certifications (CompTIA A required, ACMT and ACiT a plus).
• Keep up-to-date on retail products and current technologies.
• Maintain a cash till and all cash handling responsibilities.
• Maintain the department by ensuring a clean work area and tracking inventory accurately.
• Support store operations by maintaining loss prevention awareness, assisting with Service Department activities, and helping to prepare for physical inventory.
• Communicate to Home Office I.T. on store system maintenance and technical problems.
• Present In-Store Customer Clinics.
• Participate in open and close procedures.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• One year related computer service repair or technical customer service experience, preferably in a production-oriented service environment.
• CompTIA A certification or Apple ACMT and ACiT certifications, or the ability to be certified within 90 days of hire.
OUR GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES:
At Micro Center, we empower our employees to set their sights high and blaze their own trails. This is a place where your future success and growth are truly a result of your own efforts and achievements. Our teams are made up of motivated individuals who work hard to advance their careers. Join our team and see how hard work, loyalty, competitive spirit and unwavering commitment to the customer can take you and your career to new places.
BENEFITS & OTHER INFORMATION:
Micro Center offers a balance between personal and professional interests, competitive pay, an employee discount on merchandise, flexible retail schedules and tuition reimbursement. In addition, a high-quality, competitive cafeteria benefits program is available on the first of the month following 60 days of active service to all full-time associates who work at least 30 hours per week. Micro Center has many options available to support your professional, health and wellness goals!
Micro Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment criminal background and substance abuse screening.