Metallized Carbon Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Metallized Carbon Corporation
A successful IT Technician must have a working knowledge of IT infrastructure, computer software, hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have good troubleshooting skills. The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel through a helpdesk system
- Maintain and complete outstanding tickets with the help of outside IT firm if required
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- computer hardware (HDD, mouse, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance with the help of outside IT firm if necessary
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems and comply with outside IT firm guidelines
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Run cable for new equipment or for relocating existing equipment
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and request replacement orders
- Train users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
- High School Diploma
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering Technology or relevant field
- 1-2 years in IT Technician or relevant position
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive medical / dental insurance plan, retirement plan, Sick days, Vacation, holidays, Life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D insurance coverage.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity employer applicants are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, veteran's status, age or disability.
This position requires compliance with ITAR requirements. Must be a "U.S.Person" (per ITAR 120.15) and are required to show proof substantiating this upon being hired.