Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Manager Travel Industry
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 19001AL5
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, 50 Central Park South, New York, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Conducts day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves personal sales goals.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year of experience in sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
• Procatively builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities could include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Engaging in Sales Activities
• Researches and develops new leads for property business.
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Upsells each buseinss opportunity to maximize revenue potential.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
• Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
• Gains understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
• Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.