Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Franchised Sales Manager
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 190018AA
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons, 120 South Aurora Street, Ithaca, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Urgo Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinate with Sales, F&B, Front Office, Housekeeping, and other property departments to ensure consistent, high-level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases. Communicate and coordinate functions with customer and serve as the liaison between the customer and other departments/managers. Recognize opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create memorable and outstanding events. CITY experience is a must. Position may also require some direct sales efforts.
- Ensure events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other associates and ensuring accuracy. Desire and ability to perform direct outside sales when called upon.
- Takes responsibility for the event from Sales Manager once contract has been signed.
- Coordinate details of the event and/or group with customer; documents Banquet Event Order (BEO) and Group Resume.
- Lead the BEO & Group/Event Resume meetings.
- Greet customer during the event phase ensures all requests have been identified and implemented.
- Manage group room blocks and meetings space for all groups.
- Identify operational challenges associated with the event and determine how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Use experience and judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
- Participate in customer site inspections and assist with the sales process as necessary.
- Ensure billing accuracy and conducts bill review with the client prior to processing final invoice.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Deliver excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourage the same from other associates and managers.
- Coordinate and communicate event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
- Make presence known to customer at all times during the event.
- Follow up with customer post-event.
- Respond to and handle guest problems and complaints.
- Ensure all associates and managers understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
- Conduct formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review communicate guest needs and feedback.
- Review comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates and managers
- Position may require direct and outside sales efforts when called upon by the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Position may require participation in industry and client events when called upon by the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to use advanced computer systems (client tracking, inventory control, forecasting tools).
- Direct sales experience.
- Goal-oriented and creative personality.
- Excellent guest relation skills.
- Past experience using full-service Marriott systems is strongly preferred.
- Past experience in Event Management and/or Sales Management with a full-service hotel required.
- Ability to work as a team player with all levels of hotel staff.
- Create and nurture a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing service.
- Be readily available & approachable for all team members.
- Assist supervisors in understanding team members’ ever changing needs and expectations, and exceed them.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with associate concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
- Celebrate and foster decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Accommodate guest special requests.
- Answer guest questions regarding local area facilities and services.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Ensure staffing levels allow team members to exceed guest needs.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.