Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Franchised Director of Sales
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 190011OX
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons, 120 South Aurora Street, Ithaca, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: Meredith.Karimi@marriott.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Urgo Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Excellent opportunity to join the team at our ITHACA MARRIOTT DOWNTOWN ON THE COMMONS!
Primary responsibilities of the Director of Sales & Marketing include: leading all sales & marketing efforts of our new hotel; prospecting and generating new business; developing and administering a marketing plan to achieve the highest possible occupancy and revenues; and promoting our hotel to conferences, weddings and other groups.
Located at 120 South Aurora Street on the Downtown Ithaca Commons, our 159-room full service hotel features 2,300 sq feet of meeting space, as well as an indoor/outdoor restaurant and bar. Managed by Urgo Hotels & Resorts our company offers competitive wages and benefits, excellent training, and a professional working environment. To learn more about our hotel visit: www.marriott.com/ITHMC
- Hotel direct sales and/or group sales experience required. Proven experience generating top-line revenue to meet or exceed budgeted goals required.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive business plan that defines hotel marketing, sales, eCommerce, social media and public relations objectives in a manner designed to develop leads, maximize sales potential and support financial goals. Proactively position and market the hotel by effective revenue/yield management to achieve maximum hotel profit.
- Establish and maintain close contact with Top and Target accounts through phone calls, tours, appointments, correspondence and entertainment. Assess future and current needs of the guest. Secure future business that will meet or exceed rate and occupancy goals.
- Hire, train and manage hotel sales team.
- Assist GM and Revenue Manager in developing and communicating selling strategies, utilizing hotel inventory control and forecasting tools.
- Ability to work cohesively with other hotel departments and associates.
- Ensure Brand and Company standards are achieved.
- Develop and manage department budget.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings, weekends and Holidays.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.