Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Franchised CATERING & EVENTS MANAGER
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 19001DKB
Job Category Event Management
Location Renaissance New York Chelsea Hotel, 112 W 25th Street, New York, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at - https://rhgcorp.snaphire.com/?job=43091TLNT
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Real Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales & Marketing
Purpose for the Position: The Catering & Events Manager is responsible for increasing hotel revenues by meeting with 3rd party planners, trade associations, corporate accounts, individuals, or other markets in order to promote the hotel and secure additional sales and detail all incoming events and service assigned events, banquets and meetings.
- Provide professional and courteous customer service at all times.
- Implement approved sales plan and action plans as directed.
- Develop and search for potential markets for hotel.
- Develop, create, and implement innovative Sales and Marketing techniques.
- Maintain CI/TY and prepare BEO packets and layouts for the team.
- Execute and distribute all in-house advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Maintain competitive analysis statistical information.
- Maintain current filing system on company accounts and prepare required reports.
- Maintain enthusiasm and interest throughout all stages of the conference planning.
- Detail all incoming events.
- Meet weekly with Food & Beverage Director to review operations efficiencies and concerns.
- Distribute and update all banquet event orders in a timely fashion ensuring all necessary departments have sufficient time to properly accommodate all client needs and requests.
- Work with the Audio-Visual department to ensure all equipment is ordered, set up, and tested prior to guest use.
- Work with culinary team to plan all menus and assist with catering events.
- Ensure all functions are billed correctly.
- Contact in house meeting planners to promote good will and foster additional and repeat business.
- Maintain good rapport with local civic groups and associations.
- Prepare reports as requested: Sales Call Reports, Internal Sales Report.
- In the absence of a Director of Sales & Marketing, attend and lead Sales and BEO meetings with the team.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, weekly sales, catering, and all BEO Meetings.
- Make personal sales calls.
- Complete projects as determined by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Understand sales principles relating to the product you are selling.
- Organize activities to make the best use of time and efforts.
- Express yourself well when talking to potential buyers or sellers, to discuss features of the products or services involved and convince the other person of both your knowledge and integrity.
- Use arithmetic in computing the cost of sale to customer.
- Maintain enthusiasm and interest throughout all conferences with buyers and sellers.
- Keep accurate records of contacts, sales, and purchases.
- Be available on nights, weekends, and holidays.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Deal with system of real numbers; algebraic solution of equations; and probability and statistical inference. Apply fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate effectively in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events.
People: Supervising: Determining or interpreting work procedures for a group of workers, assigning specific duties to them, maintaining harmonious relations among them and promoting efficiency. A variety of responsibilities are involved in this function. Creating strong relationships with potential clients and the general public.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools, objects or materials.
Specific Vocational Preparation: Specific vocational training should include a significant combination of college education, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other jobs. Over 2 years' experience in Sales with some background in convention center operations is desirable.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.