Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Venue Sales Intern (SUMMER 2019)
at Live Nation
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Live Nation - New York Premium Seats Sales Department is in search of a highly motivated, organized and most importantly, enthusiastic individual who is interested in working within the very heart of the entertainment industry.
As a Summer intern, you will be involved in various aspects of Premium Seats Sales for New York's flagship amphitheater, Northwell Health at Jones Beach in Wantagh, NY, as well as the new Ford Amphitheater at Coney Island Boardwalk in Brooklyn, NY. You will also be assisting with various aspects of Premium Seat Sales at other Live Nation venues and programs in the New York City/Metro area. The internship is very well-rounded, allowing interns to receive experience in sales, hospitality/customer service, marketing, ticketing, and many other valuable areas within the music industry.
Areas you will learn about:
- Digital marketing e-blasts to be sent to our thousands of subscribers
- Planning and execution of VIP programs throughout New York
- Brainstorming marketing ideas for our amphitheater programs in New York
- On-site events and new program additions at our New York venues
- Sales techniques from seasoned sales directors
- How to manage and grow the VIP Program’s social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Techniques for prospecting new VIP clients
- Providing quality customer service to VIP clients
- Must be able to receive academic credit from your college or university prior to starting assignment
- A degree in Entertainment/Sales or related field is preferred
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to commit to a minimum work schedule of 12 hours per week and a maximum of 30 hours per week with some availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays are required
- Must be able to work in NYC office at least once a week and onsite at concerts if necessary
- The ability to multi-task efficiently on a daily basis
- Must be eager to learn and proactive with new tasks - creativity is a must!
- The ability to conduct yourself in a professional matter at all times
- The ability to learn and absorb at a fast pace
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.