Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MEDICAL COUNSELOR (Bay Shore, NY)
at Life's WORC
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8dce2d24-ba69-4946-8b45-1269cc506ed0
- This shift is 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri 6am-2pm)
- The pay rate for this position is $16.00 per hour.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience working with persons with developmental disabilities
- Minimum six months’ experience with Life’s WORC or similar agency in capacity of Support Counselor or in another health related field
- Valid NY State Driver’s License required
- Accompany and advocate for the people we support on medical/dental appointments and emergency room visits
- Schedule all medical appointment in coordination with the Nurse and Management team
- Maintenance of a medical appointment calendar in coordination with the Nurse and Manager
- Meets with the Nurse and Management team daily/as needed weekly to coordinate information brought to and from appointments
- Provide ongoing protective oversight to the people we support
- Implementation of active treatment
- Provide assistance and instruction to each person we support in basic activities of daily living
- Provide training and support for each person we support in accordance with the individual program plan
- Lifting is required which may include 2-person transfer, laundry, groceries, etc.
- Mandated reporter required to cooperate with any and all investigations.
- Perform daily check of medication and supplies
- Successful completion and maintenance of all certifications (AMAP, SCIP, CPR)
- Scheduling flexibility as needed; may be required to work beyond the scheduled shift
- Drive agency vans that are equipped with GPS monitoring systems and demonstrate safe driving practices; Ensure cleanliness of vehicles; Maintain vehicle logs (driver is responsible for any/all tickets)
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe and clutter free environment; Proper use and maintenance of household equipment, appliances and lifts.
- Attendance at all scheduled inservice training and staff meetings
- Working knowledge of agency software (Medisked, Outlook, Ultipro, etc.)
- Establish and maintain professional, positive relationships with the people we support, families, all team members and outside service providers.
- Perform other duties as assigned